Roller chain is a crucial component in many types of industrial equipment. At CZPT Transmission, we are proud to offer the best and strongest single-strand roller chains in the business. Compared to any respective quality at other company, single-strand roller chain is not found with the same maximum durability and lifetime as ours. CZPT bushings on our roller chains are heat-treated, which increases their strength and longevity. Our roller chains also feature heat-treated and shot-peened side plates, allowing the chain to handle a greater work load. CZPT Transmission also offers additional connecting links and offset links for fixing your chain or customizing its length.
We are confident that our roller chains will serve you and your equipment well. We work hard to select the best quality chains on the market and sell them to our customers at unbeatable prices. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our dedicated, expert staff is happy to answer any and all questions. Our staff, superior quality, and excellent prices are the reason for our A+ rating!
#25 chain are typically used for applications that require a long continuous length of chain or when smaller lengths are required and using long lengths reduce drop. Premier Series #25 roller chain is dimensionally manufactured to ANSI B29.1 Standards. This means that it will directly interchange with other ANSI certified roller chains and will operate properly on #25 chain sprockets. All Premier Series series roller chains are manufactured using the highest quality heat-treated, shot peened, and hardened high-precision components and are supplied with a premium lubricant already applied from the factory.
Premier Series #25 Roller Chain Dimensions
- Pitch (P): 0.250″
- Bushing Width (W): 0.125″
- Bushing Diameter (D): 0.130″
- Overall Width (A): 0.307″
- Plate Height (H): 0.232″
- Plate Thickness (T): 0.571″
- Pin Diameter (E): 0.091″
- Tensile Strength: 990 LBS
- Weight Per Foot: 0.09 LBS
- Manufactured To ANSI B29.1 Specifications
- Features CZPT Bushings and CZPT Rollers
- Premium Quality
- Extremely Durable and High-Strength
- Made With Precision Heat-Treated Components
- Shot Peened and Pre-Stretched
- Pre-Lubricated From The Factory
|Standard or Nonstandard:
|Textile Machinery, Garment Machinery, Conveyer Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Food Machinery, Marine, Mining Equipment, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Short Pitch Chain
Can roller chains be used for power transmission in bicycles?
Yes, roller chains are commonly used for power transmission in bicycles. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
Roller chains are an integral component of bicycle drivetrains, transmitting power from the pedals to the rear wheel. They offer several advantages that make them well-suited for this application:
1. Efficient Power Transfer: Roller chains provide efficient power transfer from the rider’s pedaling force to the rear wheel of the bicycle. They have low frictional losses, allowing for a smooth and efficient transfer of energy, resulting in better propulsion and improved performance.
2. High Strength and Durability: Roller chains used in bicycles are designed to withstand the forces exerted during pedaling and the varying loads encountered during riding. They are constructed using high-quality materials and precise manufacturing techniques to ensure strength and durability.
3. Lightweight: Roller chains used in bicycles are lightweight, contributing to the overall weight reduction of the bike. This is important for cyclists as it allows for faster acceleration, easier maneuverability, and enhanced handling.
4. Versatility: Roller chains are available in various sizes and configurations, allowing them to be used in different types of bicycles. Whether it’s a road bike, mountain bike, or city bike, roller chains can be adapted to suit the specific requirements of the bike’s drivetrain.
5. Easy Maintenance: Roller chains in bicycles require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Proper lubrication and periodic cleaning are essential to prevent wear and corrosion. Fortunately, bicycle chains are relatively easy to maintain and can be readily accessed for cleaning and lubrication.
6. Cost-Effective Solution: Roller chains offer a cost-effective solution for power transmission in bicycles. They are affordable and widely available, making them a practical choice for bike manufacturers and cyclists alike.
In summary, roller chains are commonly used for power transmission in bicycles due to their efficient power transfer, strength, durability, lightweight nature, versatility, ease of maintenance, and cost-effectiveness. They play a crucial role in ensuring a smooth and reliable ride for cyclists of all types and skill levels.
How do roller chains handle abrasive environments?
Roller chains are designed to handle various operating conditions, including abrasive environments. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Material Selection: Roller chains are typically constructed using high-quality materials that offer good resistance to abrasion. Common materials used for roller chains include alloy steel, stainless steel, or specialized coatings that enhance wear resistance.
2. Surface Hardness: The components of a roller chain, such as the pins, bushings, and rollers, are heat-treated to achieve a high surface hardness. This hardness helps to resist wear caused by abrasive particles present in the environment.
3. Lubrication: Proper lubrication plays a crucial role in protecting roller chains from abrasive wear. Lubricants act as a barrier between the chain components and abrasive contaminants, reducing friction and minimizing wear. The lubricant also helps to flush away any abrasive particles that may come in contact with the chain.
4. Sealing and Protection: Roller chains can be equipped with seals or protective covers to provide an additional layer of defense against abrasive particles. These seals help to prevent contaminants from entering the chain and causing premature wear. Seals also help to retain lubrication within the chain, further enhancing its performance in abrasive environments.
5. Regular Maintenance: Regular inspection and maintenance are essential to ensure the longevity of roller chains in abrasive environments. This includes periodic cleaning to remove accumulated debris and checking for signs of wear or damage. Prompt replacement of worn components is necessary to prevent further deterioration and ensure reliable operation.
While roller chains are generally robust in abrasive environments, it’s important to consider the severity of the abrasion, as extremely abrasive conditions may require specialized chain materials or additional protective measures. Consulting with experts and selecting the appropriate chain design and materials based on the specific application requirements can help maximize the performance and lifespan of roller chains in abrasive environments.
What are the common applications of roller chains?
Roller chains are widely used in various industries and applications where reliable power transmission is required. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Industrial Machinery: Roller chains are commonly used in industrial machinery such as conveyors, material handling equipment, packaging machines, printing presses, textile machinery, and woodworking equipment. They provide efficient and reliable power transmission in these applications.
2. Automotive: Roller chains are used in automotive applications, including engine timing systems, camshaft drives, and drive chains for motorcycles and bicycles. They are known for their strength, durability, and ability to handle high loads and speeds.
3. Agriculture: Roller chains are extensively used in agricultural machinery, including tractors, combine harvesters, hay balers, and crop sprayers. They are capable of transmitting power in harsh and demanding agricultural environments.
4. Construction Equipment: Roller chains find applications in construction machinery such as excavators, bulldozers, cranes, and concrete mixers. They provide reliable power transmission for heavy-duty operations in construction sites.
5. Mining and Quarrying: Roller chains are used in mining and quarrying equipment, including rock crushers, conveyor systems, and drilling rigs. They are designed to withstand heavy loads, abrasive materials, and harsh operating conditions in these industries.
6. Food Processing: Roller chains with food-grade lubricants and corrosion-resistant coatings are used in food processing equipment, including conveyor systems, bottling machines, and bakery equipment. They meet the strict hygiene and safety standards required in the food industry.
7. Material Handling: Roller chains are essential in material handling systems, such as overhead cranes, forklifts, and palletizers. They enable smooth and reliable movement of goods in warehouses, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities.
8. Power Transmission Systems: Roller chains are employed in power transmission systems that require efficient and precise power delivery, such as power presses, machine tools, and industrial automation equipment.
9. Renewable Energy: Roller chains are used in wind turbines and solar tracking systems to transmit power from the turbine or solar panels to the generator or electrical grid.
10. Marine and Offshore: Roller chains are utilized in marine and offshore applications, including shipbuilding, offshore drilling rigs, and port equipment. They provide reliable power transmission in challenging marine environments.
These are just some of the common applications where roller chains are widely used. The versatility, durability, and reliability of roller chains make them suitable for a wide range of industries and machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-05